Sunday, 20 November 2011

Gosport Half Marathon 2011


Distance 13.1 miles
Time 1.43.55
Pace 7.56 per mile
Current weight 74.90 kgs

Better. Planned to do the first few miles at 7.40 pace and see how I felt. Managed to keep miles at under 8min for the first half but then found it a bit of a struggle but kept on target for a sub 1.45 throughout. The toughest sections were around the airfield for some reason, just felt more challenging along wide open spaces than along the pavements.

Miles 11 and 12 were the most enjoyable of any half marathon I've done, down by the beach with a lovely gentle breeze to cool you off. It set me up for a blistering final mile, overtaking lesser runners who clearly got their stategies all wrong. Fools.

Today would have been PB territory had I trained better and eaten less chocloate recently. And a message to a certain Regional Manager; don't get too comfy, I still have your record in my sights...it's only a matter of time.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the chocolate...it's always the chocolate...Quick first half, "eased off" for the second half? Negative splits are the way to go! I'm aiming for 1.43.54 in the Norwich half next weekend...

    ReplyDelete